Thursday, March 15, 2012

Process Writing

     Before this class, I was kind of nervous about the class.  Aside from some grilling, my knowledge of cooking food and knowing where it comes from was very limited.  I assumed that many people in the class would know a lot about this kind of thing which also scared me a bit.  After the first week, I was relieved to find that some people knew very little like myself, and that the class would be a learning experience for everyone.
     When it came to writing for this class, I found it most effective to find the few different sections that I found most interesting to me from a reading and then picked the one  topic that was most important.  From there, I found that most of my posts would either be related to experiences in my life.  It took me a few weeks to get it figured out, but once I did, it made the process much easier.  Looking back, I think that putting things in context helped me to gain a better understanding of everything.
     For the longer essays, I found it to be pretty easy to jump right into the writing process and get a nice flow going.  I would attribute that to my preference of writing personal narratives.  Trying to capture personal experiences can be difficult, but I discovered them to be a fun and powerful writing style, one that I was unfamiliar with before this class.
     Overall, I enjoyed most of the writing for this class.  I learned how much I enjoy personal narratives, as well as learning an immense amount of knowledge on the food system that I had not previously been aware of.  This information will definitely affect the personal choices that I make for the rest of my life, and I hope they can make a positive change in our food system.

No comments:

Post a Comment