Sunday, March 11, 2012

Food Journal Results!

Hey y'all, so almost two weeks ago I promised that I would describe a week of what I eat.  Amidst my busy tenth week, I forgot to record the seventh day of what I ate and I have a terrible memory so you'll get to see six days instead of seven.  Oh well.  Observations at the bottom.

Tuesday, February 28
  • Lunch at Stacks (2:30)
    • Toasted roast beef sandwich on multigrain bread with cheddar cheese, spinach, green peppers, onions, and chipotle mayo sauce.  Banana and a glass of water as well
  • Dinner at Harmon Lounge and the Caf (5:00- 6:30)
    • Two slices of sausage pizza and one slice of pepperoni pizza from JET’S (food forum in Harmon)
    • Caf: Mashed potatoes, broccoli, two bananas, glass of water
  • Snack (around midnight)
    • Country Club (#11) from Jimmy John’s.  Turkey, ham, provolone cheese, lettuce, and mayo, bag of pretzels and a glass of water
Wednesday, February 29
  • Lunch at Stacks (2:00)
    • Toasted chicken caesar wrap with cheddar cheese, spinach, green peppers, onions and chipotle mayo, banana, glass of water
  • Dinner in the Caf (6:00)
    • Long Grain & Wild Rice, green beans, broccoli, a few pieces of pepperoni, cheese fondue-like substance, chocolate brownie, cookie dough bar and a glass of water
  • Snack (Midnight)
    • A few handfuls of peanuts and a glass of water
Thursday, March 1
  • Breakfast in caf (9:45):
    • two waffles, scrambled eggs, tater tots and a glass of water
  • Lunch at chicken coop (Noon)
    • Three pieces of boneless fried chicken, fries and a glass of water
  • Semi-dinner at the caf (5:15)
    • Broccoli and carrots with ranch, two bananas, cheeseburger with mustard and a cup of green tea
  • Semi-dinner at a cappella rehearsal (7:45)
    • One ham sandwich and one turkey sandwich from Jimmy John’s (party platter size, not regular sandwiches) and two cups of lemon tea
  • Home (10:45)
    • Hot chicken salad with lettuce and a cup of lemon tea
Friday, March 2
  • Stacks (1:00)
    • Toasted roast beef sandwich on multi-grain bread, spinach, green peppers, onions and basil mayo.
  • Dinner at caf (6:00)
    • Cooked broccoli, mashed potatoes, banana, cheeseburger with mustard, glass of water
  • Chapel (7:30)
    • Two cups of peach tea
  • Dinner at University Roadhouse with my parents (10:30)
    • Grilled chicken wrap with lettuce, cheddar cheese, onion straws, barbecue sauce, fries and a glass of water
Saturday, March 3
  • Breakfast (9:00)
    • Kashi granola bar, glass of water
  • Lunch at Panera (12:00)
    • Smokehouse turkey sandwich (grilled panini with turkey, bacon, cheddar cheese, sun-dried tomato ale mustard on three cheese bread)
  • Dinner at home (5:00)
    • Cheeseburgers with leaf lettuce, grilled onions and homemade barbecue sauce, watermelon, roasted asparagus with olive oil, pepper and parmesan cheese and a glass of water
  • A couple handfuls of salted peanuts around 10:30
Sunday, March 4
  • Breakfast at the caf (11:30)
    • Pancakes, scrambled eggs, tater tots, sausage, glass of water
  • Dinner at University Roadhouse with my parents (5:00)
    • (Hot SAM burger) topped with grilled ham, white cheddar and dijon mustard on a toasted pretzel bun.  Additionally, fries and a glass of water
Overall, I was surprised to find that I eat a more balanced diet than I previously thought.  While there are some meals where I don't eat enough fruit/veggies, I try to eat a pretty balanced diet when I can.  Part of that is trying to stay away from too many sugary things and pop is one of those, so drink water 85% of the time.
I realized a few other things, one being that I eat a lot of sandwiches, mainly because of the convenience of Stacks.
I'm not sure if it's the nature of being a college student, but I eat meals at very random times aside from dinners. 
I also eat a lot of bananas. 

Feel free to chime in if you'd like!

1 comment:

  1. This was surprisingly fun to read. And yes, my thoughts while reading were similar to yours: not too shabby, holy smokes you eat a lot of sandwiches and good for you for drinking water instead of pop.

    ReplyDelete